A Deeper Understanding of Yoga – Level 1 Study Course 2020
Now Available Live Online
‘A Deeper Understanding of Yoga’ is a course designed to broaden your understanding of yoga on all levels. This course is open to:
- those new to yoga who wish to learn more,
- experienced practitioners seeking to build upon an established asana practice and enquire more deeply into other aspects of yoga
- aspiring/current teachers seeking to expand and deepen their knowledge of authentic yoga.
Throughout the course, you’ll receive mentorship and support from Lainie Cook, the Director of Pyrmont Yoga, Registered Level 2 Teacher with Yoga Australia.
“The last two years of study courses has definitely changed me for the better, this has had an impact on my home and professional life. Someone said to me recently, ‘nothing rattles you, you are always calm’. Whilst this is not always the case, it is something I try to work on and I credit my progress on this to you and the other study course members in helping me understand what is important to me and giving me the tools and support to change.“ D – course participant 2018 & 2019
“I feel quite blessed to have found a teacher and a community where this deeper learning, study, and practice of yoga is possible. Because of this I’m beginning to integrate the broader methods and philosophies of yoga into my daily existence – not because I feel obliged to, but because the effects speak for themselves. I notice these subtle changes for the better in my relationships, in my work, and in my attitude towards myself.” E – course participant 2018 & 2019
“Through attending Study Course 1, I found more motivated in continuing with the study of yoga (both asanas and the philosophy). Lainie has a special way of teaching the philosophy, making it relevant and interesting to the class (and she’s always funny!). Through the studying, I found myself more aware of the fluctuations of the mind both on and off the mat. Next step is now learning to calm it!” – S, course participant 2018 & 2019
Lainie’s extensive knowledge and her ability to relate the philosophy of yoga to a modern context, to make it accessible and relevant to each of the participants and to facilitate thoughtful discussion was excellent. On a personal level, I took so much away from this course and I would most highly recommend it to anyone that is looking to further their own understanding of yoga and to further their own practice.” – M, course participant 2018 & 2019
- Learn techniques to enhance the asana (posture) practice and prevent potential problems
- Gain insight into different approaches to yoga
- Bring yogic principles into daily life to assist with the challenges of parenting, work and relationships.
- Get practical tools for transforming your life, building resilience, cultivating compassion, overcoming obstacles and conditioned behaviour that no longer serves you.
- Experience how a multi-dimensional and dedicated practice leads to greater, longer-lasting transformation.
- Connect to a yoga community, where you can practice and share your experiences with like-minded people.
- Personal mentoring in a supportive, non-judgmental environment in which to perhaps answer some of those tricky questions: Eg. how to build up a disciplined practice, how to sustain a practice through life’s phases, overcoming doubt, fear, injuries and other obstacles, to teach or not to teach?
- Benefit from small classes with one-on-one assistance and personal guidance
- This course is not a teacher training however if you are considering becoming a teacher, this course will give you a deeper understanding of the broader principles of yoga that are essential to teaching authentic yoga. Course content may be eligible for RPL or CPD points with some training organisations.
The course content includes:
- Eight Sunday classes from 2.30 -4.45pm over the year with Lainie and fellow participants, in-studio or live on-line.
- A 45min private mentoring session with Lainie.
- Fortnightly focus topics to expand learning and incorporate it into daily practice and life
- Discussion and analysis of the function and structure of yoga asanas (postures) from different perspectives.
- Participation in demonstrations on how to amend the practice in the case of problems or during different phases of life.
- Master the challenges of everyday living with the wisdom of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- Learning to chant including Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
- Developing listening skills, concentration, clarity of mind, and deeper awareness through devotional practice.
- Learning how yoga creates deep inner transformation – overcoming some of our most persistent conditioning
- Learning beginner pranayama practices and when to use them.
- Cultivating a regular yogic meditation practice.
- Documenting and reflecting on your observations to maintain continuous connection and to keep you engaged in deeper enquiry into self-development through yoga.
There are no pre-requisites study requirements for this course. The course is open to beginners and long-term practitioners alike.
You are required to have:
- A genuine interest and deep enquiry into yoga in general, your own practice and understanding of it.
- A willingness to undertake considerable self-enquiry.
- An openness to communicate and work in a group with your teacher and other participants
- A willingness to commit to a dedicated personal practice online with Pyrmont Yoga or a home practice, minimum 2 times per week. If you do not have a current self-practice, this will be provided as part of the course.
Dates & times for 2020
Sunday 24th May 2020
Sunday 28th June 2020
Sunday 26th July 2020
Sunday 23rd August 2020
Sunday 27th September 2020
Sunday 25th October 2020
Sunday 29th November 2020
Sunday 6th December 2020
All dates 2.30 – 4.45pm. Mentoring sessions will be held at 5pm on dates to be scheduled with individual participants.
8 months online class pass and study course. The 8 month pass can commence at any time.
$2900 (including a 17.5% discount to normal monthly pass rate).
Study course only: $1350
All other online classes need to be covered separately.
Pay by module $175 per weekly module.
All other online classes need to be covered separately.
Pyrmont Yoga Studio BSB 732006 Account 694641 (Ref: your surname)
Please contact us to advise of payment.
Payments will incur a 3% processing fee. Payment link will be provided upon registration.
Please let us know if you require a payment plan.
All training fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please take into account any planned holidays to determine if Option 1 is the best rate for you as no extension will be given to the discounted 8 month pass for holidays or work commitments.
- All scheduled Sunday theory classes, content as described & materials
- All online classes for the duration of the course – Option 1 only (any passes current at the commencement of the course will be extended until after the end of the course)
- Fortnightly practice focuses
- Continuous mentoring by Lainie for duration of the course & 1 dedicated 45min personal mentoring session